The Truck Driver will drive CMV picking up shipments and switching trailers at customer locations. Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all federal and state regulations. You must have a CDL Class A License for this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Checks truck safety before start of every shift and completes log sheet.
• Tracks maintenance of vehicles and trailers.
• Pick up shipments from customers consistent with customer expectations, safety policies, and as a professional representative of WestRock.
• Maintains safe driving record and adheres to all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the safe operation of vehicle.
• Performs other job duties as needed.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Must have a valid Class A driver’s license.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years driving experience in a CMV and 53’ van trailers.
• Must have and maintain a good driving record; record will be checked at annually.
• Must report any moving violations on his/her driving record as they occur.
• Must have strong mathematical skills to confirm counts are accurate.
• Must have good communications skills to interact with customers.
• Must have good decision-making skills.
• Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.