About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
QA Tech, 3rd shift, South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Records and maintains accurate in-process inspection records.
- Inspects in-process material using statistical sampling plans.
- Performs various testing methods including scanner challenge and scale count verification.
- Visually inspects for printing, die cutting and gluing to established standards.
- Inspects each pallet prior to shipping (accepting or putting on Q.C. Hold).
- Ensures material placed on Q.C. Hold is properly documented and moved to the Hold Area.
- Communicates with packers/feeders and mechanics to correct/sort, when defects are found during a production run.
- Checks job bag for all standards and specifications required for that operation before beginning production.
- Conducts line clearance and documents before starting production.
- Establishes case counts for all new jobs and monitor to insure existing counts are correct.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to give directions when required.
- Must have knowledge of GMPs and SOPs for Quality.
- Must understand basic math and be able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable material.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.