WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Planner, South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews artwork (files) and works with the Production Manager on all special projects before entering the job into manufacturing.
- Plans jobs based on an estimate and/or customer’s specification
- Plans the layout (manual or electronic) and calculates paper size and spoilage.
- Creates a job ticket for manufacturing.
- Initiates the ordering of stock, ink, dies and any material required to produce the product.
- Communicates, as needed, with Customer Service Representatives regarding account issues.
- Coordinates schedules with outside vendors.
- Requests pricing as needed.
- Initiates Outwork Documentation in Pecas.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree, from an accredited institution, in related field or 5-7 years of printing experience required.
- Prior experience in estimating is preferred.
- Must have strong technical background in the printing industry especially high quality sheet fed presses.
- Must be skilled in Production planning of offset printing.
- Must have strong knowledge in all phases of prepress, press and bindery.
- Must have well developed verbal and written communication capability and a broad knowledge of printing skills.
- Must be proficient in personal computer use, including knowledge of: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Must be proficient in math
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.