Machine Helper (Bobst Press), 3rd shift - South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
Currently seeking 3rd shift Machine Helper. Starting Pay $11.00 + Shift Differential. Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment.
In this role the Machine Helper will:
- Check schedule for job that is to go to press.
- Clear the line and remove the tools from the previous job.
- Stage all materials for next job on press (printed sheets, cutting die, plate and blanking tools, platforms for loading material).
- Assist Bobst Press Operator on set up of press and make ready of job.
- Load and unload stock while job is running.
- Assist Bobst Press Operator in checking sheets while job is running.
- Watch machine while it is running to make sure feeder and delivery are working properly.
- Take die cut loads to gluing and stripping staging areas.
- Assist Bobst Press Operator in routine maintenance.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Contribute to a collaborative safety culture that drives results
- Utilize teamwork skills to support Bobst Press Operator/Finishing Depts.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Pass a basic reading test.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.