EZ Press Operator, 1st shift, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
Career Opportunity: 1st shift EZ Press Operator. Posting Date: 01/22/2019.
In this role the EZ Press Operator will:
- Pick up job bags in printing department.
- Check cutting schedule and locates cutting dies.
- Lock up cutting dies in chase.
- Mount mechanical counters on thin plate on counter board, if needed to be cut on Servo machine.
- Operate electric winch, lifts and maneuvers cutting plates into position for EZ press.
- Strike in printed sheets and checks print to cut register.
- Compare job bag samples to die cut sheet. Reports variances to supervisor.
- Pull chase and thin plate from EZ press with electric winch and stores in die cutting racks.
- Pull Marba stripping board from die rack location or sets stripping pins for Die Cutting Press Operator, depending on which application is used for the job.
- Lock up Blanking tooling for SP130 ERII Blanking press.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision and hue tests.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.