About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
CDL Driver Class "A" - 1st shift - South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company
The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
Currently seeking a CDL DRIVER CLASS “A” (1st shift)
Starting Pay $15.00 + Shift Differential, and Up to $22.00/hr.
Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment.
In this role the CDL Driver will:
· Check truck safety before start of every shift and completes log sheet.
· Track maintenance of vehicles and trailers.
· Create bills of lading for shipments.
· Wrap and loads pallets according to daily schedule.
· Deliver shipments to customers consistent with customer expectations, safety policies, and as a professional representative of MPS.
· Maintain safe driving record and adheres to all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the safe operation of vehicle.
· Perform other job duties as needed.
What you need to succeed
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, Class A.
· Must have and maintain a good driving record; record will be checked at least annually.
· Must report any moving violations on his/her driving record as they occur.
· Knowledge of mechanics especially with regards to the semi-truck and trailer.
· Strong mathematical skills to confirm counts are accurate.
· Good communications skills to interact with customers.
· Must have good decision making skills.
· Must pass basic reading test.
· Must have basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
· Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.