WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler - San Angelo, TX
3348 Pulliam St
San Angelo, Texas, 76905
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist press operators and ensure each has the correct and needed materials for their jobs. Second verify work orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prioritizes work orders based on production schedules.
- Second verifies that work order and printed samples match and meet quality standard.
- Performs a variety of semi-complex or critical tasks where overall quality and/or quantity can seriously affect various manufacturing operations or costs.
- Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
- Closes work orders in appropriate systems.
- Delivers printed product to Ethicon
- Maintains safety while using, replenishing, and distributing any chemicals.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Six months to one year of related experience highly preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.).
- Must be able to facilitate the floor and assign work based on the needs of the customer.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be organized and have good time management skills.
- Must have good mathematical skills and be able to identify numbers easily.
- Must have good verification skills and be quality conscious.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.