Production Manager – Salinas, CA
The Plant Manager at our Salinas, CA, Container plant is responsible for production operations, including safety, maintenance, planning and shipping. Must contribute to achieving sales objective through coordination of workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Build an effective partnership with union and union stewards to improve overall plant production.
• Coach and counsel team members to develop performance to WestRock standards.
• Conduct performance appraisals and recommend salary adjustments in accordance with union guidelines.
• Schedule plant team members to ensure coverage and coordinate activities.
• Assist in recruiting and selecting team members.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing through planning and expediting.
• Coordinate and maintain on-going, effective safety plan.
• Coordinate maintenance work with customer and manufacturing needs.
• Control manufacturing and conversion cost within budgetary limits.
• Establish goals, track results, uptime and quality productivity.
• Assure that on a daily basis all WestRock standards and customers commitments (i.e. R&A, safety, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant.
• Monitor all control procedures.
• Ensure all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and all complaints are corrected immediately.
• Act as liaison with union/union employees and General Manager.
• Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product.
• Maintain suitable stock levels and order supplies necessary to run the plant.
• Prepare and submit reports as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How you will impact Westrock:
• Communication Skills: Communicate daily with General Manager and complete written reports as required on a timely basis
• Collaboration: Working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
• Adaptability to Change: Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
• Ethics & Integrity: Behaves in accordance with WestRock’s values and operating principles at all times, and rewards the same behavior in others. Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally. Builds trust.
• Customer Orientation: Ability to operate with the customer's best interest in mind.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishing a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or seven or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Industry experience
If this opportunity is appealing and you feel that you are a good fit, please apply – we’d like to hear from you! WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.