Production Supervisor - Portland, OR
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Production Supervisor motivates their department to meet all productivity, safety and quality goals. They will be driven to continually improve performance and embrace changes that will help both their team and company meet production standards. They conduct and schedule on-going training for their team to ensure guidelines and policies are adhered to.
What you will need to succeed:
- Safety driven: enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Strong Communication skills: Ability to listen, communicate needs and results, and motivate the team.
- Strong organizational skills: maintain appropriate logs and reports. Maintain a customer focus and have attention to details and quality. Ability to make sound decisions that will benefit the customer, the team, and the company.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze results, check production levels and investigate production issues to ensure efficient department operation.
- Drive for Results: utilize motivational techniques to continuously improve performance. Schedule hourly employees and their duties to their strongest skillset and provisions of the labor contract.
- Presentation Skills: Conduct training of the workforce as needed and ensure appropriate disciplinary actions are taken when deemed necessary. Ensure compliance with the Union contract and company policy.
- Perform other tasks as required by the department manager.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in supervisory experience
- Converting or Corrugated manufacturing experience is required
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/