About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Clam Shell Forming Machine Operator/Stacker - Food Service Packaging - Plymouth, IN
1100 Pidco Drive
Plymouth, Indiana, 46563
Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, Plymouth, IN, plant is seeking qualified candidates to fill Clam Shell Forming Machine Operator/Stacker Positions in the production dept. This is an entry level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
How you will Impact WestRock:
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills.
- General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
- Inspect machines to ensure they are mechanically ready for operation.
- Ensure the glue is ready for production.
- Work on both ends of the machine performing the loading of WIP packing finished product.
- Inspect all finished product for any defects.
- Weight the product for specific count and pack the product in a RSC.
- Tape and seal the product, place on the conveyor line.
- Ensure glue is properly adhered to the product and meets bond test requirements.
- Accurately and thoroughly fill out daily production records and enter in the computer system.
- Maintain full compliance of all GMPs.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with Golden Broom Program.
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
- Perform all required customer and departmental quality checks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Participate and ensure department is compliant with YUM!/AIB audit regulations
- Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
- Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
- Product Identification and Labeling
- Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
- Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions
- Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris
What you need to succeed
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be flexible on shift.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
- HS diploma or GED required.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.