About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plate Mounter, 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Plate Mounter for the 2nd shift (4:00pm-2:30am) who will support the presses by mounting plates and staging appropriate dies to expedite make-readies. Starting pay is $13.00 per hour, plus shift differential, and a competitive benefits package effective one month after date of hire.
How you will impact WestRock
· Mount plates in the correct wind and on the appropriate cylinders.
· Mount plates for flexographic presses, according to the On-Line schedule and pressroom production priorities.
· Ensure each order has the correct press equipment for each station and is segregated and staged.
· Assist press operators in troubleshooting plate issues.
· Clean and file plates after press runs according to standard operating procedures.
· Conduct housekeeping of plate mounting area and general common area as needed.
· Follow established standard operating procedures.
· Complete required documentation for each order.
· Inspect cylinders and gears for damage.
· Comply with company policies and procedures.
· Follow established safety policies and procedures.
· Support, understand and adhere to LEAN principles and rules.
· Work with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
What you need to succeed
· Basic computer skills for data entry.
· Knowledge of plate mounting and the ability to identify crooked plates a plus.
· Must have the ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Close attention to detail.
· Good attendance.
· Must pass basic reading test.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed (significant overtime may be required during busy periods).
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.