About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cutter Operator, 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Die Cutter Operator – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Die Cutter Operator for the 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-2:30am) who will set up and operate die cutting machinery. The Die Cutter Operator is responsible for all aspects of performance including productivity, quality, and spoilage.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Reviews the job ticket, layout sheets, or sample prior to running production.
· Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material.
· Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
· Performs a make-ready and gets approval from appropriate personnel prior to running each job.
· Sets up master roll of labels from digital press for die cutting.
· Applies the correct flexible die to the magnetic cylinder.
· Cuts each job according to specifications and quality standards.
· Checks for the appropriate die cut with the red marker test.
· Saves die cut retains from each job.
· Stacks the job in a safe and proper manner. Uses hand lift truck to carry pallets.
· Communicates verbally and in writing (when necessary) with co-workers on the progress of each job.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
· Informs the supervisor when supplies or parts are required.
· Completes all ISO forms and quality checks for every job on time and accurately.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of one year operating a die cutter required.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.