WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The General Manager has full responsibility for the performance and profitability of the operation. This position will manage and focus on productivity measures associated with safety, quality, cost, productivity, and focus on operational support of strategic expansion of local business, increasing local and regional sales.
How are you going to impact WestRock:
* Ensure all safety, and environmental requirements comply with Corporate, State, and Federal Regulations. This General Manager's top priority is ensuring a safety culture that expects zero incidents.
* Review and understand the annual budget, forecasts, and monthly financial summaries.
* Demonstrate ability to analyze sales and manufacturing problems/issues in plant and provide creative solutions.
* Establish a working relationship and consistent communication with Business Unit management team.
* Committed to meeting current and future expectations and requirements of customers and resolving customer issues that arise.
* Ensure production successfully meets customer requirements at lowest total cost and ensure effective delivery of services to internal and external customers with lowest total cost fulfillment.
* Ensure goal of exceeding safety, productivity, labor, waste, and quality measures are being met.
* Monitor and report results against established key performance indicators including clear weekly reporting metrics.
* Maintain WestRock assets, including building, land, equipment vehicles and other company assets.
What you need to succeed:
* Minimum ten years of related work experience with over five years in a leadership role preferred
* Previous experience in a manufacturing/service industry with supervisory, management or coaching responsibility- box industry or related industry- preferred
* Demonstrated ability to drive new business development, box industry or related preferred
* Experience selling/presenting to senior management and key decision makers; box industry or related preferred
* Previous budgetary/P&L experience preferred
* MS Office Software, Internet-based pipeline management software experience
If you possess these attributes and think you are a self-starter with a bit of an entrepreneur spirit, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled