The scheduler-planner is responsible for creating production schedules for manufacturing that maximize efficiency and productivity, and meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use knowledge of the production process and machine capabilities to analyze manufacturing orders and create production schedules
- Schedule machines and maintain scheduling board
- Set up bill of materials, routing and book production orders
- Release jobs to production; track orders and production information
- Update schedule and report progress to Manufacturing Support Manager; make schedule/production changes, as needed
- Responsible for Inventory Management for job specific supplies and materials
- Order job specific supplies and roll stock as needed
- Create and/or maintain Daily/Monthly Reports
- Comply with OSHA and WestRock safety regulations and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to Execute - Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
Commitment to Task - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
Communication - Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
Customer Focus - For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met in a timely manner, solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
Diversity - Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
Innovation - Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Safety Mindset - Promotes a respect for safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED minimum; prior manufacturing experience
- Language Skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
The Scheduler-Planner position requires good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and knowledge of RTMD’s manufacturing process and machine capabilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described in the Task Development Worksheet are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the Task Development Worksheet are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.