The Setup Technician is responsible for setting up (makeready) Finishing department equipment that will produce conforming cartons at a high rate of speed to achieve production standards with minimal waste. Must complete setup checks and challenges to maintain quality consistent with cGMP practices and specifications. Must complete all production and process control documentation. Must work with crew members to solve problems.
· Make Ready: Set up all gluers to precise measurements and alignments within allotted time
· Troubleshoot equipment problems
· Train operators and crew members
· Determine machine speed and setup equipment to exceed minimum production standards
· Setup, challenge and understand all detection systems
· Able to make machine adjustments in order to maintain machine at safety, quality and production standards
· Promote teamwork within crew to minimize machine downtime
· Must strive to find ways to reduce variability in manufacturing processes to increase quality
· Will assist Department Lead and, as needed, will act as Department Lead in their absence
· Use and wear all protective gear as required (ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hair nets)
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor or Lead person
Job will involve the ability to:
· Willingness to try new methods and engage in a problem solving culture
· Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
· Stand up to 12 hours per day
· Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel and walk occasionally throughout the shift.
· Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
· Work at and/or below shoulder level.
Candidates should show:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· A minimum of five years of operator experience
· Good leadership and communication skills
· Ability to operate all finishing equipment with proficiency
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Strong safety orientation-role model for safe behavior
· Teamwork skills