Press Operator "A" - Marion, NC
WestRock has an opportunity for a Print Press Operator position at our facility in Marion, NC. The WestRock Marion facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the operations department team here in Marion.
What You Need to Succeed:
The Print Press Operator operates the sheet-fed offset printing press to print single and multicolor copy from lithographic plates. This position reports directly to the Printing Manager.
1. Examines job order to determine quantity to be printed, stock specifications, colors, and special printing instructions.
2. Verifies copy to customer approval or signed color standard.
3. Installs and locks plate into position using hand tools to achieve pressure required for printing.
4. Washes plate to remove protective gum coating.
5. Measures plate thickness and inserts packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height.
6. Fills ink and dampening solution fountains and adjusts controls to regulate flow of ink and dampening solution to plate cylinder.
7. Loads paper into feeder, adjusts feeder and delivery mechanisms and unloads printed material from delivery mechanism.
8. Applies packing sheets to blanket cylinder to build up blanket thickness to diameter of plate cylinder.
9. Measures paper thickness and adjusts space between blanket and impression cylinders according to thickness of paper stock.
10. Starts press and examines printed copy for ink density, position on paper and registration.
11. Makes adjustments to press throughout production run to maintain specific registration and color density.
12. Ensures that coating roller stripe is adjusted, and coating is applied as prescribed.
13. Ensures that RO water level is monitored and filled as needed. (105)
14. Ensures correct coating is applied, mixed well, barrel is covered and date on barrel is good.
15. Removes and cleans plate and cylinders.
16. Will assist in the repair and preventative maintenance of press.
17. Will be responsible for other duties as assigned by Printing Manager or Shift Supervisor.
18. Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
19. Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPes to perform duties.
20. This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
21. Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans