About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Production Supervisor for Liberty will be responsible for the overall safe operations of their department to include, but not limited to, safety, employee development, housekeeping, maintenance, production, customer satisfaction, quality, planning and scheduling. The Production Supervisor serves as a key member of the supervisory leadership team. The Production Supervisor assists in development and evaluation of data, and makes recommendations for process improvements. This is a 3rd shift position.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Drive for Results: utilize motivational techniques to continuously improve performance. Establish and uphold a work environment dedicated to trust and respect.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze results, check production levels and investigate production issues to ensure efficient department operation. Set the vision and establish objectives for the department.
- Safety driven: enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Strong Communication skills: Ability to listen, communicate needs and results, and motivate the team. Empower and engage direct reports.
- Presentation Skills: Conduct training of the workforce as needed and ensure appropriate training is provided and disciplinary actions are taken when deemed necessary. Ensure compliance with the Union contract and company policy.
- Strong organizational skills: maintain appropriate logs and reports. Maintain a customer focus and have attention to details and quality. Ability to make sound decisions that will benefit the customer, the team, and the company. Do the right thing for WestRock – every time, all the time.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting as a Production Supervisor (preferred) or Team Lead (minimum). Good maintenance background very helpful.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to manage the details.
- Must be willing to “seek perfection” and have the ability to get others to follow in this direction.
- Converting or corrugator supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite and other office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and multi-task to handle a number of issues at one time.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.