WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Offset Press Operator - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
The Lexington plant is seeking an Offset Press Operator to work 12 hour nights. Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
How you will impact WestRock-MPS:
• Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
• Starts machines and performs trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
• Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
• Assures the image is registered from unit to unit and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings.
• Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
• Accurately follows instructions.
• Maintains and records daily production, using specified forms.
• Records and amends production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product using hand tools.
• Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
• Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
• Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• Must have 5-7 years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must demonstrate basic computer skills to do data entry.
• Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).
• Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be able to read a ruler.
• Must be able to do accurate work.
• Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
• Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.