About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Folder Gluer Assistant - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
How you will impact WestRock-MPS
· Assists the folder/gluer operator, as directed, to reduce down-time.
· Conducts pre-determined QC checks (start-up approvals & in-process QC checks).
· Performs and reviews line clearance.
· Reviews, understands and ensures that customer packaging requirements are met.
· Organizes materials handling and product segregation.
· Sets up the packaging end of the folder/gluer.
· Completes all required documentation.
· Contributes to team effort by cross-training and providing back-up when necessary.
· Contributes to quality investigations when necessary.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
· Assists with preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
· Conducts product rework.
· Maintains inventory of packaging materials.
· Understands and respects responsibilities of working in a SOP and cGMP environment.
· Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· High school diploma or G.E.D. desired.
· Must have basic computer skills.
· Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
· Must have a good attitude.
· Must be able to give attention to detail.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans