About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cut Operator
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
How You Will Impact WestRock:
• Maintains general knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment.
• Reads job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions.
• Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
• Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
• Records daily production information, such as amount of time spent on specific tasks, using specified forms.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
• Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines.
• Ensures operation of Die Cutters and related equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements according to operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
• Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory levels and anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with Company Safety rules, procedures and regulations.
• Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and GMP environment.
• Contributes to quality investigations when necessary.
• Performs other job duties as assigned
What You Need to Succeed:
• Must have three years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in our facility. Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
• Must pass ruler test.
• Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with other employees and management.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans