About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd Shift Finishing Processor - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
No Experience Necessary- We will train you.
Perform general hand and table work, including loading and taking off and packing of finishing machines, and operating small finishing machines. Perform periodic quality checks.
How you will impact WestRock
- Operates small finishing machines.
- Hand strips and performs general table work.
- Trains new employees on all aspects of the job.
- Operates printing computers for carton labels.
- Reads and follows SOP's for job.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Maintains quality in our products.
- Performs minor maintenance on the small machines.
- Reads and follows directions on job tickets.
- Counts product to ensure accuracy.
- Distinguishes color to ensure accuracy in quality.
- Works on machine driven processes i.e. card wrapper, pixie strippers etc.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to interact with automated machinery.
- Must be able to write and speak simple sentences.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to count and measure.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to pass color vision test.
- Must be able to pass color hue test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.