WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock, located in Lake Mary Florida is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is seeking a
Flexo Folder Gluer Operator
WestRock is an equal opportunity employer that offers:
Competitive Salary and Full Time Employment
* Excellent working environment
* On the job training- No experience required for some positions
* Employee and Dependent Health, Dental, Life, STD, LTD and AD&D.
* Paid vacations and 10 paid holidays
WestRock prides itself on delivering outstanding product quality to its customers while providing opportunity and job satisfaction to its employees.
We are looking to invest our time and efforts for the right individual who is willing to work hard, be reliable and give 100% effort on the job. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual that is willing to make their mark with our dynamic & growing company.
POSITION TITLE: FLEXO FOLDER GLUER OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Responsible for all activities associated with running the flexo including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Set-up rails, print, and die cut section on Flexo accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
* Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
* Ensure all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
* Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
* Check anilox rolls for damage.
* Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
* Train and assist First Helper, Flexo Stacker, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
* Cross-train on other machines.
* Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
* Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
* Switch duties with First Helper as necessary.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
* Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
* Additional duties may be assigned by management.
What you need to succeed:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
3 Years' experience as a First Helper --Flexo Folder Gluer
2 Year s' experience as a Flexo Folder Gluer OperatorLANGUAGE SKILLS
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
* The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
* Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
* Product layouts and production specifications
* Product quality specifications
* Quality standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled