About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This position is for 2nd shift in our Knoxville TN Assembly facility.
Summary: The Line Leader position has primary responsibility for overseeing a production line within an Assembly and Contract Packaging plant, ensuring maximum productivity and quality.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:Use the Work Order as a guide to individual job requirements and specifications. Set up line or assist with line set up as needed, using the line diagram.
- Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reconciliation of customer product and components, assuring that both are correct and properly placed on the line; kept in good supply as needed for the completion of the shift’s production and the start of the next shift,
- If applicable, Assign temporary staffing service employees to individual tasks on the line as outlined in the work order, and train them accordingly.
- Oversee and monitor production flow on the line, trouble shoot problems, make equipment adjustments as needed, recommend and institute line improvements, and direct temporary staff labor issues to Production Team Leader.
- Motivate temporary staffing service employees in order to maintain maximum production line efficiency and meet production goalEnsure that the completed finished product meets all specifications outlined in the Work Order and complete hourly quality checks to verify.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and cGMPs (Current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Accurately maintain all production paperwork, including recording and reconciling temporary staff labor hours, and enter production data into the computer system.
- Maintain line cleanliness through good housekeeping practices. Responsible for safety on the line and for adhering to all safety rules and programs, and for attending all required safety training.
- Communicate with other departments, such as warehouse, maintenance and quality assurance as appropriate and necessary, and keep Supervisor apprised of issues related to the line
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assigned overtime is mandatory