WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler, Food Service Packaging, 2nd Shift, 10 Hours Mon- Thurs - Knox, IN
6595 Highway 10
Knox, Indiana, 46534
Our Food Service Packaging plant in Knox, IN, is seeking a Material Handler who will be an integral part of the Knox team supporting the laminators. This is for the 2nd Shift 4:00pm-2:00am, Monday- Thursday, overtime as needed.
SUMMARY: The Material Handler is responsible for handling and moving all products as needed for the facility by performing the following key responsibilities.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Support all converting equipment (Laminators, Slitters, Sheeter, Ream Cutter and Lid Presses) to ensure accurate, steady supply of raw materials, WIP and packing supplies.
· Remove completed wrapped and tagged product from all converting equipment and transfer to designated storage, stretch wrap and or banding areas.
· Shuttle skidded material to and from the stretch wrapper as needed.
- Inspect product to ensure tags are in place and accurately identify the material.
- Transport product to the banding stretch wrapping staging area.
- Read, interpret, and understand all job Jackets, Spec Sheets, skid tags and product load tags.
- Minimize product damage through safe and careful handling.
- Inspect finished product to ensure quality packaging specifications are met.
- Ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed timely and accurately.
- Maintain full compliance of all GMPs.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with NSF/GMP Housekeeping standards.
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
- Perform all required customer and departmental quality checks.
- Participate and ensure department is compliant with NSF/GMP audit regulations.
- Perform daily forklift inspections for each lift used.
- Participate in monthly physical inventories.
- Band and transport all skidded and roll scrap to scrap staging area.
- Assist all production and shipping personnel as needed.
- Participate in Monthly inventories.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >100lbs, navigate stairs,
stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
What you need to succeed:
- Desired candidate will possess a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. (College a plus)
- Preferred 3-5 years of material handling with a powered forklift experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to covert basic math, fractions to decimal, square foot, etc.
- Effective communication skills and excellent coordination skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Basic computer knowledge. Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment, drug test, physical and background check.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.