About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Auxiliary Operator - Seminole Mill - Jacksonville, FL
9469 Eastport Rd, P. O. Box 26998
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
The successful team member will be working 12 hour rotating shift and must comply with all safety regulations and practices. WestRock is a team-based environment. Employee must understand and utilize all safety requirements of job functions, in addition to use all required PPE during job tasks. Employee must follow standard work procedures and safe work practices/procedures.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Various jobs could include but are not limited to:
- Operating lift/clamp trucks while loading or unloading materials,
- Cutting and emptying cores
- Utilizing house and reel crane
- General mill housekeeping and utility duties.
- Utilize proper handling techniques for bobcat, clamp truck, fork lift and other moving equipment
What you need to succeed:
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Have a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience
- Proven record of performance
- Demonstrate the drive to train and achieve upward movement into various jobs
- Capable of working rotating shifts including weekends.
- Ability to tolerate various working conditions - heat, noise, inside/outside conditions.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Mechanical, numerical, and verbal aptitude to learn positions.
- Able to operate in a heavy manufacturing site
- Able to work and communicate effectively in team environment
- Is reliable and dependable and is available for work in all areas of the facilities
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.