WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
Currently seeking Glue Operator Trainer (12N) for our Converting Department. Starting Pay $18.00/hr. Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment.
How you will impact WestRock
- Establishes training programs for folder gluer machines.
- Trains designated employees to set up and run folding and gluing machines.
- Trains designated employees to perform make readies for basic and complex folds.
- Trains designated employees to observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Trains designated employees to perform routine adjustments during each job and maintain production throughout the run.
- Trains designated employees to perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
- Trains designated employees to maintain records of daily production, using Pecas and specified forms.
- Trains designated employees to record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Trains designated employees to follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Trains designated employees to follow established policies, work instructions, and environmental guidelines.
- Trains designated employees to follow general safety rules and cGMP standards as set by MPS and machine safety features.
- Trains designated employees to serve as a leader and manage the crew (i.e. feeders, packers, etc.)
- Trains designated employees to understand end user’s requirements as it related to proper fit and function (i.e. machine filled cartons vs. hand filled cartons).
- Trains designated employees to complete non-compliance documentation as necessary.
- Evaluates training needs of designated employees; evaluates effectiveness of training.
- Travels to other plants as needed to facilitate on-site training.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum three years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in facility.
- Two or more years’ experience in folding carton converting is preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in a supervisor or training role preferred.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Knowledge of the following equipment is preferred: International Paperbox finishing equipment, Bobst finishing equipment, and Hyber-Shroeder window machine.
- Must understand and know how to operate quality assurance systems used on operating equipment comparable to that in facility.
- Must be able to operate glue systems such as HHS, Pafra, Nordson PUR system, hot and cold melt units, and glue detection systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job tickets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills (data entry).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to read a ruler.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.