About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Flexographic Press Operator, 2nd shift - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
The Hicksville facility is seeking a Flexographic Press Operator who will be responsible for the set up, adjusting, maintaining and operating a flexographic press ( Mark Andy 2200, Mark Andy P7 or an Aquaflex)
How you will impact WestRock
- Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press
- Locates and corrects minor machine malfunctions.
- Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
- Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
- Delivers finished material to proper manufacturing areas as required.
- Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
- Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Effectively communicates with and to management.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a press operator or operator trainee.
- Must have the ability to write and read simple instructions and effectively present information to others.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have proficient skills in the use of hand tools.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.