We have an opportunity for a Smart Serv Machine Operator at our Hazleton, PA, folding carton plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
• Reads and understands job specification information sheet. Uses information to ensure production is run according to specification.
• Performs machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
• Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards are being met. Makes necessary adjustments to machine and other elements of the process as needed.
• Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem.
• Performs machine troubleshooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
• Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
• Monitors machine efficiencies & speeds to ensure production levels meet or exceed standards & make appropriate adjustments.
• Performs preventative maintenance checks according to established procedures & schedules.
• Performs lock out/tag out when required.
• Completes production, quality & crewing reports.
• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
What You Need to Succeed:
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or G.E.D. At least one year as an assistant operator if possible.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic Math skills required. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fraction and decimals. Able to convert fraction to decimal equivalent.
MECHANICAL SKILLS: Basic understanding of Machinery & processes. Be able to perform repairs (excluding electrical), remove, install, and adjust parts of machine. Trained in lock out/tag out procedures.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
REASONING ABILITY: Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds.
ATTENDANCE: Accrued attendance points must be below 5.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimal 8 hr shift schedule.
• Able to work overtime as needed to meet service demands
• Required to stand & walk continually.
• Occasional lifting, pushing, and/or pulling 20 to 50 lbs.
• Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.