We have an opportunity for a Forming Machine Operator at our Hazleton,PA, folding carton plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Observe machine operation to ensure quality and conformity of package material.
• Package product in proper containers.
• Inspect and remove defective product from production line.
• Stop machine when malfunction occur and report immediate to mechanics or supervisor.
• Stamp finished good product with packer ID number.
• The ability to pack sleeved product into corrugated case, seal (tape) and stack on a pallet.
• Perform housekeeping duties to insure department and company standards are maintained.
• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by lead person and supervisor.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or G.E.D.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic Math skills required.
MECHANICAL SKILLS: Basic understanding of Machinery & processes.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
REASONING ABILITY: Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds.
ATTENDANCE: Accrued attendance points must be below 5.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimal 8 hr shift schedule with some overtime.
• Occasional overhead lifting required. (20 to 40 lbs up to 20 times a hour)
• Required to stand & walk continually.
• Frequently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling 20 to 40 lbs. (Up to 20 times a hour)
• Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching. (Up to 20 times a hour)
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.