WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Forest City, NC Merchandising Displays
Spot Welder Operator- 2nd Shift
Start Pay $14.50/hour
The Spot Welder Operator is responsible for the set-up and overall operation of the spot welder and the quality of the work produced.
- Must operate Spot Welder safely all times
- Ensure that welding fixtures are loaded
- Ensure that electrode tips are always in proper working order
- Perform all job on/off transactions
- Must conduct regular quality check of parts/components
- Properly identify and tag all containers for receipt into inventory
- Ensure a part drawing is available for Quality for 1st off approval
- Use of proper Personal Protective Equipment required for machine/department
- Must maintain proper housekeeping in and around machine/work area.
- Other duties, as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED minimum
- At least 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment
- Metal machining experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints preferred
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment and individually
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.