About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supervisor, #5 Paper Machine Dry End - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
The Supervisor, #5 PM Dry End manages the safe operation of the No. 5 paper machine along with the Operations Supervisor and Wet End Supervisor with specific focus in the dry end of the machine in addition to the coating plant. This individual, coordinates and manages the efforts of the Dry end operational technicians and is expected to manage the production resources, interface with other departments and request capital and operational budgets needed to attain safety, quality, productivity, environmental compliance and cost goals. He/she is expected to plan area improvements using information from the dry end operational technicians and all other available resources. They should develop and maintain open communications with both department operators and management keeping them informed about customer needs and department plans. He/she should expect and support continuing personal and professional development of all involved in their primary area of responsibility.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
· Provide unrelenting support to a safe work environment.
· Provide continuous safety leadership and demonstrates safe work practices to all employees.
· Understand and enforce mill safety policies and procedures. Ensure that all employees are aware of and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
· Ensure the timely completion of accident/incident investigations as needed.
· Actively promote and participate in the Mill’s safety programs/processes.
· Conduct routine safety audits of employees to ensure compliance and give proper feedback.
· Work with department management and supervision to develop annual goals with emphasis on safety, environment, quality, production and cost.
· Recommend and implement policies and procedures to meet critical environment parameters (CEP) in their primary area of responsibility.
· Oversee the review and response to customer complaints for their primary area of responsibility and work toward permanent resolutions to complaint causes.
· Maintain an operator round sheet record system to ensure that; their primary area of responsibility is being properly inspected on a timely basis, all round sheet feedback is properly communicated in a timely manner, and all appropriate repairs or implemented corrections are made expediently.
· Plan, coordinate and execute efficient maintenance outages along with the No. 5 Machine operating and maintenance team.
· Work with department management to assure that operating personnel are properly trained and developed for current and future job assignments.
· Oversee the administration of the hourly work force in their area or responsibility to ensure reasonable consistency in the execution of the labor agreement.
· Ensure proper company-union relations according to the current labor contract. Participate in problem discussions and resolution. Participate in grievance hearings as required.
· Establish, authorize, and implement operating procedures associated with their primary area of responsibility.
· Authorize Operating Guidelines.
· Gather and analyze information to identify sources of equipment downtime and quality problems. Work with the primary area of responsibility operating staff to identify probable causes and coordinate efforts to correct them.
· Meet with equipment, clothing and raw material suppliers to select, purchase and optimize equipment and raw material for their primary area of responsibility.
· Assure an adequate and proper level of inventory of spare equipment, clothing and raw materials for their primary area of responsibility.
· Work with paper mill production management and all other available resources to plan and submit capital improvement budgets for the department. Also, work with the production management to establish capital improvement priorities.
· Assist Engineering on capital improvement projects; participate in the review of engineering designs and drawings.
· Work with the No. 5 paper machine department personnel on assigned responsibilities as designated by the No. 5 Paper Machine Manager.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
· Demonstrated commitment to directing safe work practices in a manufacturing environment.
· Technical bachelor’s degree where systematic problem-solving skills are demonstrated and 5 years of practical experience working in a coated paper machine complex, or 10 years of experience working in a coated paper machine complex where systematic problem-solving is demonstrated.
· Comfortable working and communicating with all levels and disciplines of an organization.
· Comfortable leading work teams including frequent feedback and appropriate behavioral reinforcement.
· Competency in organizing resources affectively in complex systems to achieve specific goals.
· Comfortable working with a computer and the ability to quickly learn new computer system applications such as all Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Lotus Notes, Etc.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.