WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Folder Gluer Operator - Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Folder Gluer Operator who will be an integral part of the Finishing Team setting up, operating, maintaining, and helping train on the folder/gluer to produce pharmaceutical cartons, sleeves and folders.
- Completes preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules on Folder Gluers.
- Sets up bar code scanners, glue detectors, jam sensors kick and ejection systems.
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories: Includes anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies, checking stock, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt of needed items.
- Locates correct job and loads in folder/gluer to produce finished product.
- Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, bar code reader, pack station and inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Contributes to quality investigations when necessary.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic and advanced folds; straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition and 5th panels.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Leary inspection system.
- Demonstrates competency in all required documentation.
- Contributes to team effort by cross-training and providing back-up when necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by exhibiting strong work ethic, problem solving, providing training and demonstrating leadership.
- Understands and respects responsibilities of working in a SOP and cGMP environment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
- Quotes accurate run speeds and set up times for new die structures.
- Assists with training new hires on the Folder/Gluer.
- Assists in other finishing areas as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of five years' experience.
- Possesses mastery level skill-set, and is proficient in operating all folder gluer equipment, including complex equipment such as Media and Alpina.
- Must demonstrate competency in all basic folds.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.