About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Continuous Improvement Manager-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville plant is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager who will be an integral part of the leadership team. The Continuous Improvement Manager is expected to establish and develop Hendersonville’s Performance Excellence system and continuous improvement activities resulting in a measureable improvement in key plant metrics.
How you will impact WestRock
· Coordinates the development of Hendersonville's Performance Excellence (PE) continuous improvement management system.
· Leads monthly PE pillar engagements.
· Works with and develops PE pillars, sub pillars and pillar members in alignment with the plant steering team.
· Facilitates plant steering team meetings.
· Is the plant contact for divisional CI personnel.
· Shares capital planning responsibilities with the EEM pillar.
- Sets and achieves challenging breakthrough goals for self and projects
- Assists various department managers in maintaining an effective work environment. .
- Interfaces effectively with customers as required.
- Collates and analyzes performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Maintains awareness of business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Provides assistance to the General Manager as requested.
- Leads process improvement projects/ initiatives in manufacturing.
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects, which are cost, time, and scope.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
- Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
· Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
What you need to succeed
- Strong Leadership / Coaching ability.
- Understanding team based management principles and vision a must.
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects and leveraging best practices across the organization
- Project Management experience leading large projects or multiple client projects.
- Demonstrated leader who can effectively challenge, influence and build consensus within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use, teach and coach others on statistical, analytical, facilitation, and change acceleration tools
- Detail knowledge of plant operations is required
- Ability to understand and apply department policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact in person or otherwise with management, other employees, and external or internal customers or service providers.
- Must have a very good knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Strong understanding of converting & warehousing production equipment..
· Continuous Improvement tools knowledge and experience
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.