The Hendersonville Plant is seeking an Air Hammer Operator Trainee who will be an integral part of the Die Cutting Team. The successful candidate will set up and utilize air-operated stripping tool to remove waste from printed die-cut sheets.
How you will impact WestRock
- Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
Deposits scrap in proper recycling bins.
Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
Utilizes a manual pallet jack to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
Maintains a clean and hazard free area at all times.
Informs the manager when supplies or parts are required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.