Business Unit General Manager – Springfield, Devens, Wakefield, MA
51 Independence Drive
Devens, MA 01434
The Business Unit General Manager is responsible for managing the entire operation of their assigned Business Unit, which includes sales, production, customer service, transportation and logistics, safety, human resources, financial, environmental, quality, maintenance, engineering and community relations. Responsible for creating a Business Unit plan that outlines how Business Unit will meet the objective of achieving overall budget or better. Directly responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and direction to direct reports, including establishing goals and being accountable for achieving those goals.
How are you going to impact WestRock:
Serve as the Business Unit General Manager, reporting to the Area Vice President, with Profit and Loss responsibility for the entire New England Business Unit (Devens, MA, Springfield, MA, Wakefield, MA corrugated plants).
Review and understand the annual budget, forecasts and monthly financial summaries for Business Unit.
Work with Finance Manager and Regional Business Analytics Manager to analyze sales and manufacturing problems/issues in plant and provide creative solutions.
Accountable for directing the sales and production of a multi-plant division to meet short and long-range divisional objectives with optimum efficiency.
Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and managing: General Manager, Production Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service, Logistics, HR, Safety Manager and Quality Manager within assigned Business Unit.
Establish a working relationship and consistent communication with Business Unit management team and other General Managers within the Region.
Build effective alliances with other Business Units to better serve customers that cross multiple business units.
Committed to meeting current and future expectations and requirements of customers and resolving customer issues that arise.
Ensure that Business Unit Customer Service, Logistics, and Planning team is meeting overall service objectives.
Ensure production successfully meets customer requirements at lowest total cost and ensure effective delivery of services to internal and external customers with lowest total cost fulfillment.
Ensure goal of exceeding regional safety, productivity, labor, waste and quality measures are being met.
Ensure all safety, and environmental requirements comply with Corporate, State, and Federal Regulations.
Ensure sales team is developing and implementing a strong pipeline.
Work with Corporate Sales Manager and Business Unit Sales Manager on strategic Business Unit growth opportunities.
Build effective partnerships with union and union stewards; intervene with union issues and negotiations when necessary.
Monitor and report results against established key performance indicators including clear weekly reporting metrics.
- Maintain WestRock assets, including building, land, equipment vehicles and other company assets.
- Minimum ten years of related work experience with over five years in a leadership role preferred
- Previous business-to-business sales experience in a manufacturing/service industry with supervisory, management or coaching responsibility- box industry or related industry- preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business development, box industry or related preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred (Business or related field)
- Experience selling/presenting to senior management and key decision makers’ box industry or related preferred
- Previous budgetary/P&L experience preferred, box industry or related preferred
- Solution/concept sales experience preferred to product sales box industry or related preferred
- MS Office Software, Internet-based pipeline management software experience
If you possess these attributes and think you are a self-starter with a bit of an entrepreneur spirit, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.