About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Manager - Denver, CO
5050 East 50th Ave
Denver, Colorado, 80216
As the leader of production, you have the exciting opportunity to build effective relationships with internal departments to produce a superior product. The Production Manager is responsible for production operations at the plant including safety, maintenance, planning and shipping. Safety is the number one priority at WestRock.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Establish goals and execute results relating to uptime, quality, productivity; control manufacturing and conversion cost within budgetary limits
- Ensure that all WestRock standards and customer commitments (i.e., quality, safety, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
- Establish a course of action for self or others to accomplish goals
- Build and maintain an effective relationships to improve overall plant production
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong preference for industry experience
- Must be able to collaborate with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to achieve organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Operate with the customer's interest in mind and take action based upon the best interest of WestRock
- Be an effective motivator and clear communicator
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.