WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Superintendent - Dayton, NJ
1 Corn Road
Dayton, New Jersey, 08810
Are you ready to make your next move to a Plant Superintendent role for your career advancement? If so, WestRock’s Dayton, NJ plant is looking for you! This position will lead shift supervisors and employees to meet the safety, quality, production, and all other key performance indicators of a fast-paced work team. The Superintendent will also coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations. This is a growth position that can lead to various upper management positions.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the plant with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost
· Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment
· Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility
· Enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious
· Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product
· Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment
· Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor
· Coordinate maintenance work customer and manufacturing needs
· Maintain effective departmental quality procedures
· Coach and counsel team members to perform to company's standards
· Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (i.e.: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
· Supervise employees to accomplish safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency goals
· Management of manufacturing employees to include performance reviews and discipline
What You Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience supervisory role in a paper or packaging manufacturing environment
- Experience in all functional areas of corrugated manufacturing
- Effective process management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to manage strategic plans and capital investments
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.