About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Window Machine Operator Trainee- 2nd Shift- Dallas, Texas
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Trainee will be responsible for training to the job functions listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Review and follow the job ticket.
- Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Verify finished product matches the supplied sample.
- Perform routine adjustments during each job and maintain production throughout the run.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
- Maintain make-ready and run standards while producing quality products.
- Maintain records of daily production, using Pecas and specified forms.
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Ensure product conforms to quality standards.
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department. Follow established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Complete non-compliance documentation as necessary.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- 2 years manufacturing experience required.
- Window Machine experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job tickets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, data entry, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to read a ruler.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.