About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Second Press Operator - 2nd shift- Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates general knowledge and understanding of sheet fed presses and printing processes.
· Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
· Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Accurately follows instructions.
· Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
· Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Preserves and passes along customer artwork in clean and undamaged condition.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
· Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines
· Performs daily/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have 2-4 years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills to perform data entry.
- Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must be accurate and efficient.
- Must demonstrate good decision making and time management.
- Must be able to operate independently.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.