About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Printing Press Operator - 2nd & 3rd shift - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company – Card Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Transaction Card Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
MPS is currently seeking Printing Press Operators for 2nd and 3rd shift who are experienced on Web Press, Flexo Press, and/or Digital Press Machines for Card Printing and Packaging Departments. Starting Pay $22.00 + Shift Differential, and Up to $29/hr. Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment with a robust 401k plan.
How you will impact WestRock:
Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions
Starts machines and makes trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups
Loads, observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and determine adjustments if needed
Assures the image is registered from unit to unit, and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings
Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the job
Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
Preforms scheduled daily/monthly maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repairs to machine
Leads the team of workers assisting on the press to assure job completion with quality standards
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or G.E.D is preferred
- Minimum of five years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Attentive, teachable and dependable
- Strong mathematical skills
- Able to pass a color hue test
- Able to use a spectrometer and other related tools
- Able to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Efficient in basic computer skills
- Able to stay organized and prioritize actions
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.