WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Manager - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Provide oversight and leadership in the assigned departments. Ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (e.g., downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Ensure compliance to all S.O.Ps, work instructions and GMPs. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes. Responsible for day-to-day management of assigned departments, through the management of supervisory staff, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Ensures assigned departments meet production and quality goals on a daily basis.
- Identifies documents and drives departmental metrics for Productivity, Safety, Quality, Waste and any other metrics required by the company.
- Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards.
- Conducts on-time performance reviews of direct reports.
- Ensures direct reports have professional development plans and that those plans are executed in the timeframes specified.
- Ensures training is conducted by the appropriate individuals or departments in Safety, GMPs, Quality systems rules and procedures.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment and manages competing priorities.
- Makes sound operational decisions.
- Understands the functions and capabilities of various departments and uses those resources effectively.
- Navigates well through other departments.
- Leads efforts and sets an example to analyze root causes and solves problems effectively and in a timely manner.
- Uses data to improve productivity.
- Leads, motivates, and inspires individual workers and teams.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Leads change.
- Owns issues and problems, seeing them through to resolution.
- Identifies with and supports company leadership and company decisions.
- Ensures that employees are cross-trained and given opportunities to continually learn new things.
- Ensures that employees are being recognized appropriately for good performance.
- Builds collaborative relationships within the organization.
- Ensures that potential safety problems are resolved and that safety audits are responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that both internal and external corrective actions are appropriately addressed.
- Communicates effectively with Managers and Supervisors.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent in related field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 7 - 10 years’ manufacturing experience; printing/folding carton experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 7 - 10 years’ supervisory experience.
- Must have advanced computer skills: must be completely proficient in the use of basic computer software and willing and able to learn additional software.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to foster teamwork and motivate individual performers.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels, within the organization and outside the organization.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to quickly learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be process-oriented.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze and report on operating metrics.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work