WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Paper Mill Superintendent - Dallas, TX
1120 East Clarendon Drive
Dallas, Texas, 75203
The Paper Mill Superintendent has overall leadership responsibility related to personnel, safety, environmental, quality, cost, and performance for paper machine operations. This position directs and coordinates efforts and activities utilizing his/her knowledge and experience to achieve key performance metrics that support overall mill goals.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products that meet the quality and cost requirements for sustainable manufacturing.
- Coordinate production activities with production planning, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and equipment.
- Manage safety, environmental, and housekeeping efforts in partnership with leadership team to ensure compliance with OSHA and WestRock regulations and guidelines.
- Works closely with mill maintenance groups to ensure efficient troubleshooting, planning, and execution of routine repairs and maintenance outages.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process issues
- Key participant for outage planning and coordination.
- Lead and manage to support the mill vision, cultural change process, and strategic approach to improve operational and employee engagement.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives, strategic planning and capital investments.
- Optimize production schedules and priorities to meet customer demands.
- Supervise the department production supervisors; lead employee training and development.
What You Need to Succeed:
- High School diploma and minimum of 10 years of paper machine supervisory or leadership experience, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated success in safety initiatives and compliance programs.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Experience in selection and development of direct reports.
- Proven project management skills
- Experience working with hourly union employees
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex operating issues utilizing input from PI-Process book, DCS, and operator observations.
- Demonstrated ability to drive positive change in safety, environmental, quality, cost, and production.
- Competent in computer applications, such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.