WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Label Maker - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Responsible for producing accurate labels which meet customer specifications in a timely manner and for moving product to equipment as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and follows the job ticket.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follows instructions accurately.
- Makes all labels to specifications.
- Moves loads from WIP areas to feeders as needed.
- Performs troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ensures product conforms to quality standards.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Follows established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Completes non-compliance documentation as necessary.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Trains co-workers to set up, operate and use equipment as directed.
- Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have one year’s experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to read a ruler; must pass ruler test.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self motivation.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.