About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Finishing and Converting Supervisor - 3rd Shift - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Provide oversight and leadership in the assigned departments. Ensure the timely production of quality products that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Proactively supervise departmental metrics that impact cost (downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes. Ultimately responsible for day-to-day supervision of assigned employees, including achieving production goals, guiding performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes work orders, work piece, to determine process, materials / substrates, machines, and sequence of operation.
- Assign tasks to workers, and specifies methods of coordinating workflow to meet production schedules.
- Assures certain materials have arrived and are available and staged in accordance with work flow schedule.
- Refers to Pecas periodically to determine work load and production performance expectation.
- Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring devices.
- Works with quality control to monitor output. Takes part in assessing / grading each project for standard deviations and imperfections.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures
- Actively engaging and participating in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits.
- Communicate and relate with all levels of the organization.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance plan for department equipment
- Investigates malfunction of machines and equipment; determines need for repair and maintenance.
- Ensures employees are following safety regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new products and developments within the department.
- Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards through coaching, counseling and timely review process.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of folding carton converting experience.
· Must have minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
· Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
· Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual Apply now