About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Maker Helper- 3rd Shift- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assemble die boards, stripping boards, and blanking tools for the die cutting equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Checks die boards for accuracy when they come in.
· Reviews daily printing and die cutting schedules for dies needed for production.
· Coordinates die needs with Structural Design Department.
· Assembles dies, stripping boards, and blanking tools for Die Cutting department.
· Verifies dies against samples in job bag for special requirements that are customer requested.
· Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department.
· Trouble shoots and alters any die issues on press.
· Pulls repeat dies from inventory for new runs.
· Files dies back into inventory after run is complete and destroys combination dies as needed.
· Requisitions supplies and maintains accurate inventory of materials needed.
· Maintains a clean and safe work area.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in the operation and maintenance of a jig saw, and be able to modify dies as needed.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING