About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cut Operator- 2nd Shift- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment.
- Reads job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions.
- Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Records daily production information, such as amount of time spent on specific tasks, using specified forms.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
- Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies.
- Follows established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Three years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in our facility.
- Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING