Provide oversight and leadership in the assigned departments. Ensure the timely production of quality products that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Proactively supervise departmental metrics
that impact cost (downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes. Ultimately responsible for day-to-day supervision of assigned employees, including achieving production goals, guiding performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
How you will impact WestRock:
Analyzes work orders, work piece, to determine process, materials substrates, machines, and sequence of operation.
Assign tasks to workers, and specifies methods of coordinating
workflow to meet production schedules.
Assures certain materials have arrived and are available and
staged in accordance with work flow schedule.
Refers to Pecas periodically to determine work load and production
Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring
Works with quality control to monitor output. Takes part in
assessing / grading each project for standard deviations and imperfections.
Maintains time and production records.
Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures
Actively engaging and participating in company LEAN manufacturing
training and audits.
Communicate and relate with all levels of the organization.
Establish and maintain preventive maintenance plan for department
Investigates malfunction of machines and equipment; determines
need for repair and maintenance.
Ensures employees are following safety regulations.
Keeps abreast of new products and developments within the
Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements
and productivity standards.
Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding
employees accountable for meeting performance standards through coaching, counseling
and timely review process.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
· Must have a minimum of 1 year of folding carton or Packaging experience.
· Must have minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
· Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain
a working knowledge of those jobs.
· Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
· Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
· Must have knowledge of, or be able to learn quickly, safety rules and procedures, operating,
maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
· Must be efficient in basic computer skills.
· Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Must be able to work well in a team environment and independently.
· Ability to foster team work and motivate individual performance.
· Must have the ability to champion and lead change within the department and facility
· Must identify with and support company leadership and decisions.
· Must have the ability to network with peers and associates to build collaborative relationships
· Must have a passion for the business and personal dedication focused on accomplishing
· Must have strong technical knowledge of converting and finishing operations.
· Must have good mechanical aptitude.
· Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram
or scheduled form.
· Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
· Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions
to practical situations.
· Must have the ability to problem solve and deal with variables in an environment where
only limited standardization exists.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesAn attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans#TX