About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Paper Machine Shift Supervisor - Covington, VA
104 East Riverside St
Covington, Virginia, 24426-1238
We count on our foremen to keep our facilities running smoothly and efficiently. This role is responsible for managing the manufacturing process and interfacing with other departments to troubleshoot operational and quality issues. They also manage the crew of hourly workers.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
As a Paper Machine Foreman for WestRock, you will be responsible for production and quality results on your shift. You will lead, train, and develop each member of your qualified crew, and ensure that departmental training material is up to date. In addition, you will be an active participant in the safety program and promote involvement from crew members. We consider safety to be job #1. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of the Paper Machine on your shift, routinely reviewing all equipment, processes, and housekeeping in your area and immediately reporting any environmental issues or violations. Finally, this role will put your problem solving abilities to the test as you will be involved in helping to determine the root causes of customer problems.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Eight to ten years of paper machine operations experience, Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, and supervisory experience preferred
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to engage and coach crew members on more efficient operating techniques and new technology and equipment
- Analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills High level of energy and strong team player
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts and extra days when needed
- Currently eight hour shifts but transitioning to twelve hour shifts by 2019.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect,accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.