About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Utilities Shift Supervisor - Cottonton, AL
145 Highway 165 South, PO Box 178
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851-0178
Reporting to the Technical Assistant and Department Manager, the Shift Supervisor is charged with leading one of four powerhouse operating crews. In this role, the Shift Supervisor has responsibilities for safety, production, cost control, and efficiencies of the department as well as coordinating with other departments and peers.
How You will impact WestRock
· Responsible for crew safety, accountable for adherence to standards and procedures, job hazard analysis.
· Ensures shift manning in accordance with Labor Agreement.
· Responsible for Risk Analysis, Troubleshooting and Communication to all internal managers related to operational issues.
· Direct link with hourly workforce and provides pivotal role in labor relations and continuity of direction.
· Take action with hourly workforce members to improve performance or correct deficient performance.
· Interface with maintenance personnel to expedite equipment repairs.
· Ensure compliance with audit requirements, both weekly and monthly.
· Responsible for making rounds on equipment and reviewing log sheets.
· Plan and execute weekly housekeeping and safety inspections.
· Responsible for equipment lockout/tagout/try procedures for equipment maintenance.
What You need to Succeed
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as power plant operator, prior experience as power plant Shift Supervisor, or management experience in non-related technical field.
· Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.