About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Production Planner works closely with the Customer Service, Production, and Shipping staff to manage the plant production schedule in a manner that allows for an orderly flow of productions to customers, while minimizing costs.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Monitor and effectively use the receiving capabilities of the individual internal box plants to maintain appropriate inventory levels while scheduling open orders.
- Effectively employ the master schedule, ensuring orders are scheduled and sequenced to meet on-time delivery and the order fulfillment objectives of the business unit
- Work with Supply Chain Planners to maintain a steady paper supply to plants in an effort to eliminate order bunching and demurrage while ensuring no stock outs of required grades and width
- Effectively use the Kiwiplan scheduling software to manage order backlogs focused on on-time delivery to the end customers while maintaining high levels of efficiency on production equipment
- Communicates regularly and effectively with mills and Customer Service Representative’s to ensure runs are sequenced to meet customer/company objectives
- Continually monitors plant schedule adherence and execution through effective parameter maintenance
- Minimize plant waste through maximizing corrugator line-ups and minimizing side-trim without negatively impacting converting machine throughput
- Results driven: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Fosters teamwork and effective communications. Builds and maintains relationships across all boundaries that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of all toward goal accomplishments.
- Self-aware learner. Continually strives for functional and technical expertise in all aspects of planning, scheduling, trimming, and analysis.
- Integrative thinker: Uses analytic skills with the ability to evaluate large amounts of information (run schedules, orders, etc.).
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 year’s experience in scheduling/planning in a process manufacturing environment
• Industry/corrugated experience required
• Experience with Kiwiplan Software preferred
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.